What is collective
Collectives aims to be the SaaS platform for freelancer teams (also known as collectives). We believe the future of independent work will be in teams and this is why we are very ambitious at helping collectives to operate by giving them the infrastructure to create and operate their squad(s) and organize as a team around a single quote, single invoice, shared contract & governance, shared portfolio...
Some numbers we achieved in less than 8 months:
- ~500 collectives joined the Collective platform
- 400+ companies submitted end-to-end project opportunities to collectives
- Built an ambitious team of 18 people, with a few more to come in a few months! 🚀
What you’ll be doing
As our 2nd Product designer, you’ll work on the entire scope of the product. From helping freelancers to create a collective to single invoicing a client, through handling a unique proposal, contracting or monitoring their revenue and opportunities as a collective. There are many things to be discovered yet, and we need you to do that.
This is a product designer role. That being said, we’re a small company and need to be versatile until we can have more expertise in our team.
Product design (80%)
- Work on design problems from beginning to end. Talk to users, sketch and prototype ideas, share them to get feedback fast on their potential, iterate and, iterate again.
- Define all interactions, and component details of your work - the devil is the details.
- Participate in the development of our Design System.
- Work closely with our tech team to ship ideas and iterate on them.
- Write about, present, and share your learnings to diffuse a design and user-centric culture within the company.
Brand design (20%)
- Contribute to the development of the Collective brand on our website and other social media.
- Collaborate with our marketing/growth team to support the development of new ways to reaching to clients and collectives.
Is that you?
- You have at least 2 years or more of Product design experience, not only on websites.
- You’re a systematic thinker, love to spot problems and tackle them in a measurable way.
- Skills around visual, typography, and color.
- You have a growth mindset, want to collaborate with our different teams, and get candid feedback to iterate.
- You are a do-er and can come up with different solutions autonomously that are well executed.
- Design: Figma
- Documentation: Notion
- Project management: Linear
- Competitive salary and equity package
- Alan insurance with best coverage
- Latest Apple equipment
- Flexible working hours & remote friendly culture (full remote is possible)
- Lovely offices located in the heart of the Parisian startup ecosystem
What’s the process like
- Send us your portfolio.
- A call with Côme, our Product Designer to talk about your ambitions, who you are, what you can bring, and answer the questions you can have about Collective.
- A presentation of one of your works to Côme + our Cyril our Head of Product. We want to understand your full process, the iterations, the ins and outs of your design.
- A call with Vianney (COO) or Jean (CEO) for culture fit.
Our engagement on diversity and inclusion
We strongly believe that our ambition can only be fuelled thanks to a diversity of backgrounds, and cultures. Our vision is unique, we seek to empower people, to help them find more meaning in the way they work. We need as many different voices as possible to help us shaping this project - this could be you. Be assured that you can be you at Collective.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. In case of doubt, you have nothing to lose, so please apply. Looking forward meeting you!